Join us for an exclusive Afternoon Tea and Tour of the President’s Grade II* listed family home in the picturesque parish of High Ongar, Essex. This unique event offers United Wards Club members a rare glimpse into the rich history and heritage of Ongar’s most distinguished residential property.
- Guided Tour: Explore the historical marvel of the house, originally built in the late 17th Century attributed to Nicholas Alexander and remodelled in the mid-18th Century. The President’s parents will lead you through the regency-style red brick façade, the private grounds, and the meticulously restored interiors, highlighting its architectural and historical significance.
- Afternoon Tea: Enjoy a sparkling afternoon tea in the grandeur of the Queen Anne dining room which has a listed late-18th Century plaster decorated ceiling in Adam style.
- Exclusive Insights: Learn directly about the house’s transformation from a nursing home back into a stunning single-family residence by its current owners. Discover the careful and sensitive restorations that have brought the house back to its former glory, including the refurbishment of the Kitchen/Breakfast Room and the addition of new internal structures in the context of its architectural evolution.
- Location: Full address details will be given a few days before the event. Members to make their own travel arrangements. Parking will be available for all attendees on-site.
- Accessibility: There is a step to enter the building and a grand staircase to be navigated to view the first floor. Traversing the gardens will be mainly on grass and gravel.
- Dietary: The President and his family are all vegetarian so catering will be the same.